TASILMWhen Tilney All Saints History Group was set up in 2006, the Group decided they should firstly work on ‘Living Memories,’ and the result of two years’ research and collecting was the first book ‘Tilney All Saints in Living Memory’ published in 2008. Within two years most of the five hundred books were sold, and it was decided that a revision was required for a second print run. ‘Tilney All Saints in Living Memory REVISED EDITION’ was then published in hard back in 2011. All of these hundred copies have also now been sold, and now, in the digital age, the Group feel it is time to embark on ‘Tilney All Saints LIVING MEMORIES ONLINE.’

Bill Rose is listed[1] as blacksmith in 1937.  It seems he also was an agreeable tradesman who is remembered by one or two of the ‘boys’ who told us they used to enjoy spending time watching him at work.

Recently (2016-17) a group of villagers have been training as bell-ringers, so this seems a good time to include the story and photos of the bells and bell-ringers on our new webpage.

Vivien Boughton recalls some of her memories of Tilney prior to 1967, after a chance encounter with the History Group's Secretary / Administrator in the All Saints' churchyard.