Between Kings Lynn & Wisbech, flanked by the A17 and the A47 main trunk roads, you can step away from the noise and hustle of these areas and find yourself in the peace and tranquility of the small Norfolk village of Tilney All Saints.
At the northern end of the village the new A17 bypassing Terrington St Clement and heading toward Sutton Bridge replaces the old Midland and Great Northern railway line (which closed in 1959).
To the south end of the village is the main road from King's Lynn to Wisbech, the A47 trunk road, which passed through Tilney High End, and was by-passed in 1996.
Until about 1896, Tilney High End was known as Tun Green and seems to have been one of the settlements which grew up along an ancient drove road. Faden's map of Norfolk (1797) shows this as Tilney Drove making its way from Shippy Gate Green (now Shepherdsgate) to Tun Green via the road or pathway we now know as School Road, then a right turn into what became the A47 trunk road and on through Tilney St Lawrence to the common grazing land known as Marshland Smeeth. Since the middle ages there have been settlements and an important travel route through Tilney High End.