Name of project: Tilney All Saints People in 2018
Aim: to interview, record & share memories of individuals (any age) living in TAS at the present time.
Target: 30% of households taking part.
- To provide a Living History of the village – ‘Today is tomorrow’s history’.
- To lessen isolation.
- To provide opportunities for older people to contribute.
- To foster a sense of belonging in this scattered village.
- To encourage contributions by people of all ages to the heritage of the village.
Method – getting started
- Identify HG members willing to conduct the interviews & arrange training sessions when necessary.
- HG members to be encouraged to participate as interviewees or write their own memories.
- Approach residents who may have already shown interest.
- Inform residents in the Village News and Church monthly newsletter.
Method – recording
- Use of recording device – Marantz digital recorder, tape recorder, mini recorder.
- Taking notes of the interviews
Method – sharing
- Obtain permission from interviewee.
- Produce small booklets in a series to be available at the Church.
- Web – a short summary of the project, then summary of each interview with current photo and info that the booklets with more details available at the Church.
- For the Marantz digital recordings, some may be suitable for producing on a CD.
Printing and publishing the booklets – cost of self-publishing.