Deprecated: Non-static method mod_resliderHelper::getImages() should not be called statically in /home/tilneyal/public_html/modules/mod_reslider/mod_reslider.php on line 18

Deprecated: Non-static method mod_resliderHelper::load_jquery() should not be called statically in /home/tilneyal/public_html/modules/mod_reslider/mod_reslider.php on line 19
  • Tilney All Saints Church

    Aerial view of Tilney All Saints Church © Steve Lyden 2012

  • Church Road

    Aerial view of Church Road, Tilney All Saints © Steve Lyden 2012

  • Eagles Golf Club

    Aerial view of Eagles Golf Club, School Road, Tilney All Saints © Steve Lyden 2012

  • Eagles Golf Course

    Aerial view of Eagles Golf Course, Tilney All Saints © Steve Lyden 2012

  • The Old Hall

    Aerial view of The Old Hall, off Station Road, Tilney All Saints © Steve Lyden 2012

  • Bury Manor ruins

    Aerial view of Bury Manor ruins, Tilney All Saints © Steve Lyden 2012

  • Shepherdsgate Road

    Aerial view of Shepherdsgate Road, Tilney All Saints © Steve Lyden 2012

All Saints Church

Article Index

 

Within the church there are many items of interest to visitors, some of which are listed below

THE PORCH

This is quite large, with a high roof, and was added to the church in the 15th century.

THE FONT

A photograph of the font can be seen here. The oak cover is 20th century.

ROYAL ARMS

This is at the west end of the south aisle.  It is of Queen Anne and is dated 1711.  There are very few Royal Arms of this period as Anne was only monarch for 12 years.  The Arms Board has the motto 'Semper Eadem'.  It was originally on the front of the gallery which was removed in the 19th century.

CHANCEL SCREEN

This is Jacobean and bears the date 1618; it is a remarkably well-preserved part of the furnishing.

PARCLOSE SCREENS

The wooden screens which divide the chancel from the north and south aisles date from the 15th century.  The screen enclosing the Lady Chapel in the North aisle still has traces of its original decoration.

LADY CHAPEL and SACRISTY

This is the only remaining chapel and has, in one window, two small sections of medieval glass.  The chapel at the eastern end of the south aisle (normally kept locked) is now used as a sacristy and vestry, but shows signs of its earlier use.

PULPIT and READING DESK

This is of carved oak and dates from 1867, as does the reading desk.